There are various workouts that you can engage in to exercise and strengthen your core. Using an ab roller is one of them. It is a simple tool consisting of a wheel and a handle on each side. In my best ab roller review I’ll explain how to use an ab rollers, the benefits of ab rollers and what to look for when looking to purchase the best ab roller to add to your weight training equipment.
The fitness industry provides various ab rollers to consider purchasing for your home gym. Thus, we are going to look at some of the best products for you to use.
How to Use an Ab Roller?
Using an ab roller is a beneficial workout if you do it right. It is about being in the correct posture; otherwise, you risk hurting yourself, and you might not maximise your workout on your midsection. So, how to exercise with an ab roller?
First, place the roller on a non-slip surface such as a yoga mat. Get on your knees and then hold the roller handles with your arms straight. The next step is crucial, as it ensures that you exercise your core. Tuck your abs in to form a curve at the midsection. Start rolling out the roller and feel your body in action!
The Benefits of an Ab Roller
Ab rolling helps you strengthen your overall body muscles, including the back, chest, and arms. It provides better stability than foam rollers and improves your endurance. Ab roller exercises get your whole body engaged in the workout as you roll out the wheel and back. Besides, an ab roller works on your lower back, glutes, and boosts torso stability.
Here are the top 5 ab rollers in my best ab roller review:
This article may contain affiliate advertising program links to earn advertising fees. For full information on llc associates programs, please see our disclaimer here.
Ab Rollers Review
|Perfect Fitness Pro Roller||Best Ab Carver|
|Elite Sportz Wheel Roller||Best Dual Wheel Roller|
|Gymenist Abdominal Wheel Roller||Best Lightweight Roller|
|Odoland Ab Roller Kit||Best Multipurpose Roller|
|Aurora Originals Wheel Roller||Best Abdominal Trainer|
1. Best Ab Carver – Perfect Fitness Pro Roller
This ab carver by Perfect Fitness incorporates inbuilt resistance that includes a carbon steel spring. The construction intensifies your rollouts to provide amplified results for your arms and abs. Besides, the angled, ergonomic grips get your arms and core better engaged in your workouts.
The manufacturer uses removable handles on the equipment for portability and more accessible storage. Moreover, this roller is suitable for beginners, intermediate users, and experts. You can download the 21-day workout plan that comes with this product and get guidance on ab rolling exercises for your fitness level.
- Handles fit different hand sizes
- Wide tread provides stability for obliques
- Comes with a high-density, comfortable kneepad
- Has padded handles for extra comfort
- Not for users over 300 lbs
2. Best Dual Wheel Roller – Elite Sportz Wheel Roller
- Includes non-slip, soft handles for proper grip
- Well-built and durable
- Lightweight, sturdy, and compact
- Has a better balance for stability during workouts
- Straight handles are not as efficient as curved grips in working your arms
3. Best Lightweight Roller – Gymenist Abdominal Wheel Roller
- Has an elegant design with stunning blue color
- Professional quality and superb grip
- Soft, foam handles foster user comfort
- Highly portable
- Hard plastic wheels may slide on smooth surfaces
- It is not as sturdy; it might not accommodate heavier users
4. Best Multipurpose Roller – Odoland Ab Roller Kit
- Has superior wheel tread for stability
- The manufacturer provides a starter guide e-book
- Incorporates detachable handles for more comfortable transport and storage
- Resistance bands are long-lasting
- Highly stable to carry up to 600 lbs
- Requires some assembling
5. Best Abdominal Trainer – Aurora Originals Wheel Roller
- The package includes a waist trainer for tummy-slimming
- Has a sleek design
- Uses adjustable resistance bands
- Simple to use and comfortable
- Easy to put together
- Comes with a carry bag
- The quality could be better
If you want fitness equipment to work your abs, ab rollers are a tool you should consider purchasing. You can use them wherever you are, as they are portable and take up less storage space. Whether you are a novice, an intermediate user, or an expert in using ab wheel rollers, the market has models to suit you.
When you are new to ab roller workouts, finding balance can be challenging when using one-wheel rollers. However, various manufacturers provide products with two or three wheels that boost stability. I’ve covered some of these already in my best ab roller review.
Now all that remains is choosing the best ab roller for you and getting started! The five products I’ve covered are all great options. What matters is your fitness level and the roller design you’re after. Besides, Aurora and Odoland come with additional workout tools to enhance your workout results.
Product Images Sourced From Amazon.com