We all are susceptible to injuries, and ankle sprain is no exception. Mishaps can occur anytime and any day. For an ankle sprain, it is very crucial for you to take immediate measures before things get worse. The moment you sprain your ankle, you need to ice it, elevate your foot and apply compression to reduce the pain and swelling. However, with modern science and its innovative measures, we now have Ankle Braces to our rescue. The Ankle Braces are crafted to provide the required compression to reduce pain and inflammation in the sprained area. They can be used from minor sprains to ligament damages. However, choosing the right ankle brace for your injury is very important.
|ASO Ankle Brace||Lace-Up Brace||5|
|McDavid 195||Lace-Up Brace||4|
|Zamst A2-DX||Rigid Brace||4.5|
Post Injury Brace
Types of Ankle Braces
Ankle twist, ligament tear or sprain causes excruciating pain. You need to take care of it, as soon as possible. An unattended ankle injury may lead to severe damage and a lifelong agony. If there is a ligament tear or a broken bone, you might have to get your ankle plastered. However, once the plaster is removed, you need to use post injury ankle brace to keep the inflammation and pain at bay. These braces will not just heal your ankle faster, but will also give your ankle the perfect grip that it requires to get back to its usual self. For example, if you are looking for an ankle brace for tendonitis, you need to opt for post-injury braces.
If you are looking for optimum support, you may opt for Rigid Ankle Braces. Rigid Brace is considered to be the most recommended ankle brace for volleyball players, as they offer superior level or protection and support. You will come across the vast array or rigid braces with different features. Knowing which brace would suit you is quite imperative. Some of the rigid braces come with trim-up wrap support, which aids in distributing a perfect pressure to the lower leg. Almost all rigid braces have wrap bends and gel pads inside, which provides firmness and comfort. These braces are best for relaxing sprains, joint pains and muscle strains.
Ankle twist, ligament tear or sprain causes excruciating pain. You need to take care of it, as soon as possible. An unattended ankle injury may lead to severe damage and a lifelong agony. If there is a ligament tear or a broken bone, you might have to get your ankle plastered. However, once the plaster is removed you need to use post injury ankle brace to keep the inflammation and pain at bay. These braces will not just heal your ankle faster, but will also give your ankle the perfect grip that it requires in order to get back to its normal self. For example, if you are looking for an ankle brace for tendonitis, you need to opt for post-injury braces.
How to Put on an Ankle Braces
You probably would need an ankle brace to recover from your ankle injury, or you might need it to add some preventive measures while on your active mode. No matter what the reason be, ankle braces are sure to give your ankle the perfect support and strength that it requires. Today, almost all athletes carry a pair of ankle braces along. This enables them to be ready and active without stressing on sprains and twists. In fact, every there is a basketball ankle brace tucked in every players’ kit bags, notably the widely recommended Stephen curry ankle brace.
However, if you are unsure of how to put on an ankle brace, we can help you out. These below-mentioned steps will make you understand how to wear an ankle brace effectively.
- Read the instructions given on the packet of your ankle brace. A lot of queries will be solved immediately.
- If there is no instruction, do not worry! Just slide or put your foot) on the brace. Rest your heel at the back of the brace.
- Lace the brace over your heel, but remember not to tangle it. Do it gently and gracefully.
- Tie the laces up to the brace’s length, as tight as you require. Leave space for some movement. Tying it too tightly may stop blood circulation. So, be careful.
- Put on the straps.
- Wrap your feet and hook the cuffs.
- Now, walk with your ankle braces on and check if it is comfortable enough. If it feels perfect, you are ready to go!
Top 4 Ankle Braces Review
The ASO Ankle Brace is economical and reliable. One of the most preferred choices by sports medicos; ASO Ankle Brace acts like ankle tapping but provides extra comfort. These braces can be worn inside shoes, giving the wearer an option to re-adjust it as when required. Best for ankle sprains, it can also be used as a running ankle brace.
- Perfect support with stabilizing straps
- Ballistic nylon material adds to its durability
- Complete ankle support with elastic cuff
- Recommended by orthopedics, therapists, and athletic trainers
- People with big feet may find specific size issues
This lace-up ankle brace is highly recommended for post-injury support. It helps in rushing up the recovery process by providing the right compression and grip. McDavid Ankle Brace helps in giving the ankle the required movement and restricts it from common sprain and ankle twists. The single-nylon fabric of this brace adds to its lightweight feature, and the elastic top strap enables the wearer to custom fit for extra support. The most excellent part about this ankle brace is that one can re-adjust it without removing the shoe.
- Optimum comfort and support
- Can be worn for both minor and major injury
- Comfortable to wear and easy to take off
- Lightweight and durable
- Can be re-adjusted without any hassle
- It may take some time for one to get used to it
- Finding a perfect fit may take some time
Zamst Ankle Braces are perfect for athletes who never want to stop working hard. The high-quality material of this brace keeps the ankle steady and robust. It is also the best of post-injury recovery, as it rapids up the entire healing process. The brace comes with X-Straps with technically advanced grip. If you want to prevent your ankle from strains, twists and muscle tears, this brace may work magic for you. Manufactured using a-Fit and i-Fit technology, Zamst Ankle Brace is also featured with a dual molded exterior support.
- Exo-Grid External ads extra support to your ankle
- i-Fit technology for required compression
- Can be worn to prevent ankle slip
- Can be used for both moderate and acute pain
- A perfect, ankle brace for soccer players
- Some may find size issues
- It takes times to understand how to put it on
- Size is comparatively bulky
Mueller Ankle Braces are lace-up braces that help in protecting the ankle, especially from a rolled ankle, which is one of the common injuries in footballers/soccer players. Wearing these braces enables the players to run, skip and jump without worrying about the ankle. They are lightweight and are designed with moisture absorbing feature. This keeps the foot dry, comfortable and odor free.
- Easy self-adjusting feature
- Lightweight and absorbs moisture, while keeping the foot sweat-free
- May take some time to put on and take off
Ankle Braces – The Complete Ankle Support
These ankle braces as mentioned earlier are a few of the most recommended. You can also avail kids’ ankle brace to keep your little ones’ ankles protected. Ankle Braces are gaining exceptionally positive reviews. Doctors and orthopedics across the world are advising them. With the internet being available everywhere, it has become effortless to procure the desired ankle brace at the required budget. Realizing why you need the ankle brace will help you select the perfect one that suits your purpose.