Best Exercise Bikes Reviews 2018
In more ways than one, an exercise bike is an excellent equipment for cardio exercise. Compared to other machines, they are more affordable and are also compact and easy to store. It is also a suitable replacement for outdoor cycling, which could be hampered by weather conditions and other unpredictable factors. Choosing the best model from an array of exercise bikes for sale can be a daunting task. Therefore, we are here to make your work easy.
Folding & Upright
Folding & Transport
Indoor & Adjustable
Upright & Interactive
Adjustable & Upright
Different Types of Exercise Bikes
Before you shell out the cash to purchase your bike, you need to understand the different types of exercise bikes available and how do they affect your exercise bike workout.
Recumbent Stationary Bikes
Recumbent stationary bikes are for those people who prefer an additional support to their back while working out. Recumbent exercise bikes benefits a more comfortable workout because the chair-like seating section has an abundance of backrest. Moreover, the pedals are present at an incline rather than right beneath the user. In fact, these bikes are so cozy that you could exercise while reading a book!
Upright Stationary Exercise Bikes
Upright stationary exercise bikes are the traditional, standard exercise bikes. They have the same build and design as that of a regular bike. If you are into outdoor cycling, this bike exercise machine will feel like home. These are slightly cheap exercise bike and are also folding exercise bikes.
Dual-Action Stationary Exercise Bikes
So far most of the exercise bikes offer only a lower body workout. Dual-Action stationary exercise bikes are more useful for a full body workout. These bikes are somewhat like elliptical exercise bike as they have handlebars that move in sync with the pedals.
Interactive Exercise Bikes
As the name suggests, these bikes are fully equipped with the latest technologies to enhance the user’s experience. They come with built-in TVs, music players, and other such entertainment terminals that either distract or encourage the user during the workout. Naturally, these are the most expensive exercise bikes.
Indoor Cycle Bikes
Indoor cycles have a design much closer to real bikes than even upright stationary exercise bikes. Due to the exercise bike seat being closer to the handle, these bikes may not be suitable for long exercise bike workouts. However, that makes it a compact exercise bike. Since they offer an intense workout, they are still preferred by many fitness enthusiasts.
Benefits of Exercise Bikes
The benefits of exercise bikes include:
• They are good for your heart:
The heart is a muscle that needs regular exercise. Using exercise bikes will elevate your heart rate, making the cardiovascular system more capable. This leads to the strengthening of the heart.
• They increase your breathing capacity and keep your lungs healthy:
Regular biking will help in improving your respiratory ability because one needs to manage the frequency and intensity of breathing while exercising. In fact, those suffering from COPD, asthma, and other chronic lung diseases will benefit greatly.
• They help strengthen, gain, and develop leg muscles:
Exercise bikes target the legs, thighs, and buttocks. They also slightly affect your arms, abdominal, and back muscles. On regular exertion of these muscles, they will get stronger and be more toned.
• They can help you lose weight:
A 30-60 minute exercise bike workout is enough to burn more calories than what is consumed (provided you follow a healthy diet). Longer workouts are recommended for weight loss.
• They can make you energized:
A good exercise bike workout triggers the secretion of endorphins, which are the feel-good hormones. You will feel energized and rejuvenated after a workout.
Workout on Exercise Bike
• Begin your exercise bike workout with a 5 minute warm-up by cycling at a slow pace on the lowest resistance.
• Once you touch the 5-minute mark, spin at the fastest speed, you can reach for 30 seconds.
• Recover by switching back to a slow speed cycling for 60 seconds.
• Alternate between sprinting and recovering for 12 more sets.
• Finish off the exercise workout with a cooling down spin of the lowest speed for 4 minutes. Switch back to lowest resistance.
This is a 30-minute interval workout to be done twice a week, and it will help you burn the fat and tone your muscles.
Best Exercise Bikes Review
Now that you know the various kinds of exercise bikes, its benefits, and how to use it, let’s see the best exercise bike available in the markets.
If you are looking for the best upright exercise bike then this is it. What’s even better is that this is also a folding exercise bike! Combine all these advantages with the fact that it is easy on the pocket.
• A very cheap exercise bike that can be afforded by anyone.
• Is a compact model that can fold to half its size.
• Pulse sensor monitors the heart rate.
• Noiseless operation.
• A basic exercise model that does not contain any fancy devices attached to it (other than the heart monitor)
• Not designed for high-intensity workouts.
• After a few uses, some parts may give out sooner than expected.
Equipped with eight levels of resistance, this is yet another small folding exercise bike that is one of the best exercise bikes to lose weight. You can monitor your workout stats while pedaling towards a fitter you. This is a best mini exercise bike that you can easily store in your home. The transport wheels also make it a portable exercise bike.
• The anti-slip surface present on the pedals with adjustable foot straps make it a safe exercise bike even for those prone to accidents.
• The thick padded seat allows a comfortable workout. Also, the position can easily be adjusted even for shorter people.
• Easy to set up even without the help of any tools.
• The LCD unit is fundamental and does not even contain an off switch.
• Switching the resistance makes concerning noises.
• Can get wobbly at high pedaling speeds.
This Sunny exercise bike is a popular indoor exercise bike. It is a no frills and fancy spinning exercise bike for everyone, whether you are a rookie or a fitness professional. It is capable of replicating an authentic bike riding experience thanks to the massive 40lb flywheel.
• The price at which this spinning exercise bike is available is a significant advantage.
• Has a durable and sturdy frame which indicates that the equipment is a lasting one.
• The folding exercise bike is easy to store, which is made more accessible by the transport wheels.
• It lacks any digital technology to display your fitness achievements.
• The exercise bike seat is lightly padded, making it extremely uncomfortable, especially for long workouts.
This may not be any Schwinn Airdyne Exercise bike, but it is one of the best upright exercise bikes. With a range of peripherals available, this exercise bike offers a workout experience like no other. It is easy to assemble and even more comfortable to operate. You may save your profile to keep track of your workout journey.
• It comes equipped with 22 routines (that are pre-set into its system), which is enabled by 20 resistance levels.
• Dual screens display a range of data related to your workout.
• Whether it is a USB charger, MP3 player, workout fan, or beverage holder, you can have it all in this model.
• The placement of the exercise bike pedals is weak, leaving no room for comfortable pedaling. These pedals are even prone to breaking.
• The grip heart rate receivers are not accurate in collecting data.
• The original seat is too large for comfort.
The Marcy foldable exercise bike is a cheap exercise bike offering a progress tracker for such a low price. It is a maintenance free bike with no fuss. If you are a beginner who wants to begin working out on an exercise bike, this is the best exercise bike available for that. If you are having trouble finding a suitable exercise bike due to your short stature, then this exercise bike will please you.
• It has a streamlined and aesthetic design
• It is a compact exercise bike with a small footprint.
• The bike, resistance, and belt all have a durable build that can last a good number of years.
• It has a very basic progress tracking console
• The handlebars are non-adjustable
• The exercise bike wobbles if it is kept on an uneven ground, which is concerning.
Below are the few alternatives of above Exercise Bikes:
Exercise bikes can accommodate light to intense workouts and are suited for all. You can gain the benefits of a bike ride right in the comforts of your home. There is an array of options available in the market, and your choice should ideally depend on what fist your pocket and meets your exercise requirements. If you are simply getting started, then go for an entry-level exercise bike. They are affordable and will serve the purpose. On the other hand, if you are a fitness aficionado who is looking for something more intense, then you would have to look for something a little more advanced. Take your time to make this decision while being honest with yourself about what your body needs. Go pick one of these and get pedaling!