Take a survey of as many home fitness gurus as you can. What gym equipment is common to almost all of them? The pull-up bar.
You see, the pull-up is one practical strength-building exercise you can’t ignore. It greatly adds to the stamina and flexibility of your upper body. Also, you can exercise muscles that seldom get touched by other workouts.
The good thing about pull-ups is that you can do them virtually anywhere. At home, in the gym, outside, name it! But that is as long as you have a good pull-up bar for the exercise.
I will now introduce to you the best pull-up bars you can consider buying.
Top 8 Pull-Up Bars Review
|ProsourceFit||Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar|
|AmazeFan||Adjustable Pull-Up Bar|
|Khanh Trinh||Pull-Up Bar For Kids|
|Ultimate Body Press||Ceiling Mounted Pull-Up Bar|
|Perfect Fitness||Portable Pull-Up Bar|
|PULLUP & DIP||Indoor + Outdoor Pull-Up Bar|
|TITAN HD||Wall-Mounted Pull-Up Bar|
|Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym||Doorway Pull-Up Bar|
1. Best Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar – ProsourceFit Multi-Grip
The ProsourceFit pull-up bar tops our list. And the primary reason for this is the multiple grip options it offers – 5 in total.
With it, you can do the common narrow grip, neutral, wide, and side grip. This helps tone muscles in your arms, shoulders, and back.
- Multiple grip options
- Can fit any door frame between 24 and 36 inches
- Padded grips for added comfort
- Super-easy mounting – simply slip on and off the door frame
- Doubles up as a tool for sit-ups, dips, and push-ups
- Might damage your door frame if not mounted properly
2. Best Adjustable Pull-Up Bar – AmazeFan Pull-Up Bar
Whether your door frame is 26 inches or 40 inches, the AmazeFan pull bar got you covered. You need to rotate the opposite ends in different directions until it tightly grips the frame.
Absolutely no need to take it off as it occupies very little space. If need be, adjust the height for push-ups and sit-ups.
- Favors people of all heights
- Robust construction
- Supports varying grip distances
- Fitted with non-slip extended foam grips for relaxed exercising
- Suitable for hallways
- Limited hand positions
3. Best Pull-Up Bar For Kids – Khanh Trinh Home Workout Gymnastics Bar For Kids
You no longer have to leave your kid fretting because he can’t use the adult gym equipment. Buy him the pull-up rack tower specially tailored for kids.
Train beside the kid and allow him to copy you playfully. What’s more, you can always take this kid’s gym equipment outside the house. It is foldable without the need for any tool.
- Freestanding design – no need to mount on wall, floor or ceiling
- Can be folded after use for freeing up space
- Adjustable to whatever height is comfortable for the kid
- 90 kgs maximum load capacity may not support two or more kids given they like playing together
4. Best Ceiling Mounted Pull-Up Bar – Ultimate Body Press Ceiling Mounted Pull-Up Bar
Although doorway pull-up bars are the most popular, some situations won’t favor their use. That’s when you opt for the ceiling mount pull-up bar.
One thing I like about them is the generous space it leaves around me when exercising. I don’t feel constrained between door frames or by a wall.
- Angled grips for natural and comfortable hand position
- Four grip options for toning different muscles
- Frees up wall space for other home gym equipments
- Foam grips quality could have been better
5. Best Portable Pull-Up Bar – Perfect Fitness Portable Gym System
You definitely won’t do pull-ups every other day. You may end up bored. A sit-up here and a push-up there may be all you need to break the monotony.
Surprisingly, one versatile gym piece of equipment is enough for all these exercises. That is the Perfect Fitness Portable Gym System.
- Features the patented door frame guard
- Supports perpendicular grip, wide grip, and close grip
- 300-pound weight capacity is more than enough for most people
- Equally good for push-ups, sit-ups, and dips
- No holes for mounting on door frame if need be
6. Best Indoor + Outdoor Pull-Up Bar – PULLUP & DIP Portable Pull-Up Dip Bar
Workout under the tree in the warm morning sun with the breeze slapping your back? It sounds unachievable, but the PULLUP & DIP pull-up bar makes it possible.
As long as you have access to a steady post or tree, you are good to go. You can still use it indoors by mounting it on the wall using the indoor adapter.
- Adequately multi-functional – supports up to 35 strength-building exercises
- Outdoor usability makes training more interesting
- Adjustable in many ways to fit your needs
- More difficult to install than other pull-up bars
7. Best Wall Mounted Pull-Up Bar – TITAN HD Pull-Up Bars
Talk of a 500-pound capacity pull-up bar. That’s for real. The Titan HD pull-up bar carries the day.
If you have a good-quality concrete wall, think of this incredible gym equipment. Better still, you can mount it on the two sides of a doorway for more legroom.
- Higher weight capacity than most other pull-up bars
- Very strong build
- Can be mounted vertically for more workout options
- May jerk out of the wall if not installed on wood base
8, Best Doorway Pull-Up Bar – Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym Doorway Pull-Up Bar
The final one on my list is the Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym Doorway pull-up bar. As you certainly expect, it features the patented door frame guard. Who needs his door frame cracking every time you do a pull-up?
You can use screws and fix them on the door frame if you wish to. I would, however, advise you to learn to use it without permanently fixing it. You still need it for push-ups, sit-ups, and dips.
- Multi-use gym-equipment
- Fits door frames of different widths
- Ergonomic handle with three grip options
- The adhesive used for door frame guard is not very strong
It is now clear that the pull-up bar you choose depends on your needs and mounting options. If you are eying your door frame, make sure it can adequately support the weight.
The same applies to the ceiling and the wall. Failure to ensure this can lead to injuries when your pressure causes the equipment to detach.
Lastly, the versatility of the pull-up bar is something to consider. Check the grip options, grip angles, and whether you can use it for other exercises.
Having such details on the best pull-up bars, you can now make an informed purchase decision. Shop wisely!
Product Images Sourced From Amazon.com