Best Squat Racks and Power Racks Review
Are you a fitness enthusiast? Do you believe in working out regularly? In the age that we live in today, staying fit and healthy matters. Staying fit does not just add a few more years to our life, but also helps us carry out our day’s chores effortlessly, without making us lethargic.
If you are a person who does not forget to hit the gym every day, you may already be familiar with almost all different types of workout equipment. Herein, we will discuss two essential gymnasium equipment – Squat Rack and Power Rack. Few commonly demanded are power rack and a weight bench with squat rack. It is the piece of weightlifting equipment, which is usually comprised of 11 or 12 – gauge steel. It has four uprights and a pair of safety bars, which is crafted for free weight barbell exercises.
|Powertec Fitness||Power Rack||5|
|BodySolid GPR370||Squat Rack||4|
|Titan T-2 Series||Power Rack||4.5|
|Reality 810XLT||Power Rack||5|
|Goplus Adjustable Power Rack||Power Rack||4.5|
|Rep – PR-1000||Power Rack||5|
|Olympic Rack||Power Rack||4|
Squat, as we know, is the perfect leg exercise where one can explore various practices to strengthen every muscle in the legs. It helps in increasing the lower and upper back, hands, shoulders, and neck muscles. Every fitness instructor makes sure to implement power rack workouts in the gym goers’ regime. Moreover, people who build their home gym can easily purchase squat racks for sale without any hassle.
Squat Rack vs Power Rack
The Squat Rack equipment is the first squats exercise device. You may come across different types of Squat Racks, such as Squat Rack with Pull-up Bar, Foldable Squat Rack, Wall Mounted Squat Rack, Squat Rack Bench Combo, and Bench Press and Squat Rack.
Power Rack is a more enhanced training device with specific safety features. This rack lets you perform different kinds of extreme exercises. With safety pins on all the sides, it would never allow the barbells to slip. There are Power Rack Bench Press, cheap Power Rack, Folding Power Rack, Power Rack with Weights, Power Rack Cage and more, to satiate different users.
This is one of the ongoing debates that have caught the attention of every fitness enthusiast. Both Squat Racks and Power Racks belong to the same muscle-building equipment category.
Power Rack Cage is best for people who want to indulge in extreme workouts. One thing that you need to understand is that if you are planning to buy any, you need to do little research work as well. Without research, you may end up, either paying a massive amount of money or getting the wrong equipment for yourself. With Squat Racks, you may get limited to only specific workouts. However, with Power Racks, the variations are quite many. Know your space and how you plan to use it. This also lets you choose the right equipment.
Pros and Cons of Squat Rack and Power Rack
If you are looking for the best budget Squat Rack or the best budget Power Rack, the below mentioned pros and cons of both the equipment, may help you make up your mind.
- Lesser Price, as compared to Power Rack
- Smaller in size, and can fit in smaller places
- Easy for home gyms
- No safety pins
- It does not support extreme weight. Not very rigid!
- Limited to squats and barbells
- Extremely safe!
- Very rigid and sturdy device
- The safety pins are adjustable
- One can indulge in squats, push-ups, push-press, even deadlifts, and military press
- Can be combined with other fitness equipment like resistance bands, suspensions, adjustable dumbbells, medicine balls and more
- Comparatively expensive
- Requires space for effective setup
- It can be challenging to build a Power Rack
- Limited availability of best budget Power Rack
How to Use a Power Rack
If you have space, with the right instructions, you can have your very own DIY homemade Power Rack. This rack is also widely known as a Power Cage. The Power Rack can be extended to 7 feet, depending on the requirement. This enables one to do pull-ups. Some beams support the entire structure, making it rigid and stable. The maximum area that it needs is 4 feet in length and width. The upright beams have holes drilled in them, where you can rest your saddles at any variation. These saddles hold the barbell. The beams also carry the bars that cover different variation in height.
When it comes to Power Cages, one needs to be ready for some extreme workouts. This equipment comes with safety features. You can do different types of exercises with Power Rack Cage, and the best part is that it takes lesser room than a Squat Rack, as you will be working inside it, whereas in Squat Rack you need to work outside the rack.Most of the Power Racks comprises of built-in dip bars and pull-up bars, for users to do arms and abs workouts. Adding pull-up bar and dip bars can also help in a full-body workout. The safety bars are adjustable and can be placed according to the user’s height.
For squats in Power Cages, you need to put one safety bar over your squat and another at the bottom. This will let stay protected, even if you cannot finish a rep. This is what makes Power Cages safer than Squat Racks.
Therefore, though the initial cost for Power Cage is higher than the Squat Rack, yet you will not end up buying add-ons for safety purposes. With a Squat Rack, you may need to purchase bumper plates, dip bars and a pull-up bar, which makes it quite expensive at the end.
Best Squat Rack Brands
There is a wide choice for home gym equipment. From Foldable Squat Rack to Wall Mounted Rack, there are a plethora of options. Therefore, it is essential to know what you are looking for and what is the purpose. Below mentioned are a few brands that are a popular choice for fitness enthusiasts today. These brands have also bagged some positive online reviews.
Best Squat Rack and Power Rack Reviews
Powertec Fitness Work Bench Power Racks are best for strengthening exercises and training. The user can climb and hand and add other fitness accessories to it. It helps in building muscles, keeping the heart healthy and also keeps the bones strong.
- Made of solid steel and can support large weight limits.
- Can be customized into personal strength training gym.
- More than 20 different Powertec Power Rack accessories are available for a full-body workout.
- The latest version comes with improved safety features.
- May slightly wobble while doing pull-ups and dips.
- Limited options for standing presses.
The Body-Solid GPR370 Multi-Press Rack helps in free-weight exercises. It is best for performing squats, dead-lifts, upright rows, and other power building exercises. One can also add an adjustable fid bench for enhanced workouts.
- It is incredibly durable.
- Optimum stability and will not let weightlifters down.
- Excellent value for money.
- The Olympic plate weight storage can carry over 1,000 pounds of weight.
- Possesses four Olympic posts for plates elevation.
- Does not have J-hook attachments, which many users desire for added safety.
The Titan T-2 Series Power Rack Power is one of the latest and so far the best-expanding line of Titan power racks. It offers ample side-to-side movement with its walk-in design. If you are looking for a complete body workout, this may be the best option.
- Robust structure with 2″ x 2″ frame.
- Made of 9 gauge steel and holds a capacity of 3000-pound weight.
- Offers 21 positions.
- Accommodates different height, with one pair of Titan J-Hooks.
- Currently, only limited accessories are available.
- May have to hold it to the floor for safety purposes.
Fitness Reality 810XLT Super Max Power Cage with The 800 lb Capacity Super Max 1000 Weight Bench Combo
The Fitness Reality 810XLT Super Max Power Cage with 800lbs Weight Capacity can be used by people of all age groups who are interested in strength training.
- Sturdy structure made of a steel frame.
- Has multi-position pull-up bars.
- Attached safety bars and safety pins.
- Can be used for more than 20 strength exercises.
- Ideal for beginners.
- Provides 19 height adjustments for safety bars.
- May get difficult for people over 6 feet in height.
- Tools included may not be of very high quality.
- The bar may experience scratches.
Good for power weightlifting. It can be used for home workouts and is much affordable. It comes in chrome-plated pins, ample walk-in space, and one can perform 28 different positions.
- Affordable, compared to similar capacity racks.
- Versatile placement with 28 holes.
- Ample space in the cage interior for Detachable J hooks.
- Easy to assemble and brilliant customer service.
- Weld work on the J-hooks may not be very smooth.
- Not very ideal for small apartments, as when fully gathers, it may take some space.
- Have to buy accessories for maximum versatility.
Affordable pricing and available size make Rep Power Rack – PR-1000 Dual Pull-up Bars a must-have. Perfect for a home gym, this equipment has a 700 lbs weight capacity and optional upgrades.
- The Dual Pull-up Bars for extreme challenges.
- Numbered Uprights for more accurate adjustments. No more hassles.
- The Plastic Lined J-Cups protects the barbell and other knurl damage.
- No negative review so far.
Perfectly designed, with ample walk-in space for smooth movement. It comes with four plate storage pegs, which lets storing standard size plates efficiently. Olympic plates can also be accommodated comfortably. The Lat Pull Down and Low Row Cable attachment are amazing add-ons that can be used for shoulders and arms muscle workouts.
- Very easy to assemble.
- Holds a capacity for 500 pounds weights.
- Affordable pricing.
- Cables may not be very smooth.
- The Lat Pull Down foam may flake in time.
Best Power Rack Alternatives
If you are looking for home Squat Rack, you will come across a vast number of options. Knowing what you are looking for is very crucial. However, if you lack the space for Squat Rack or Power Rack, you can go for amazing alternatives, such as a) Smith Machine and b) Half Racks.
This is a weight machine, which can be used as an alternative to Power Squat. Best for weight training, Smith Machine comprises of a barbell fixed into steel rails that allows near-vertical and vertical movement. Some also come with barbell counterbalanced.
Half Racks is more convenient, as they enable the user to engage in broad types of weight training exercises, in one single machine. Different types of half racks include Millennium Half and Double Half Rack, 800-1 Half Rack, 800-4 Double Half Rack, 850-1 Half Rack, and 850-4 Double-Sided Half Rack.
However, you will never experience a shortage of choice for quality yet cheap Squat Rack.
If you do not have time to get a gym membership, you need not worry. You can create your home gym and get the equipment that you need. If you are looking for heavy weightlifting, you may consider Squat Racks and Power Racks, right at your home gym.
Squat Racks and Power Racks are designed for workouts that are pumping and extreme. You need to know which kind of rack will benefit you, to choose better. If you are planning on buying some additional attachments, you may need to spend some amount of money. The result will be fruitful if you give dedicated time to your workout, every day!
Do your online research or visit a reliable gym equipment store, and have a look at the different types of Squat Racks and Power Racks and understand how they work. Checking out the equipment personally, will give you a better and clearer picture and help you know which best suits your requirements. Go ahead, show some power!