These are a type of gym accessories that help in providing support to your wrists while performing heavy lifts, pressing movements, and overhead lifts. Wearing Wrist Wraps will prevent your wrists from possible injuries that might lead to wrist twists or fractures. These easy-to-wear wraps come in different designs and styles, giving you a full option to choose from. To know more, watch a video on how to use weightlifting wrist wraps, and have a look at the different benefits.
Similar to wrist wraps, wrist straps also provide support. Particularly when lifting heavy weights, bench presses and other intensive workouts. Wearing wrist straps helps to keep wrists rigid and add strength.
Some gym-goers may claim wrist straps are an unnecessary accessory, but providing extra support for your wrists is never a bad choice. Read more to know about a few of the best weightlifting wrist straps.
Weightlifting Wrist Wraps Review Table:
Weightlifting Wrist Straps Review Table:
Difference Between Weightlifting Straps and Weighlifting Wraps
- Wrist Straps enable a better grip when using a bar, preventing hands from slipping.
- Wrist Straps are a preferable option when performing dumbbell rows, dead lifts, shrugs, lat pulldowns, rows and hammer strength back exercises.
- Straps are the best option when performing back exercises.
- Straps provide extra grip on machines like pulldowns where the machine grip may fail or not be enough.
- Wrist straps have a loop at the end where you put your wrist in and strap on tight.
- Wrist straps support you to lift heavy weights without needing to worry about slipping or falling off balance. Great for people who have weaker grip strength or whose palms sweat heavily during a workout.
- Straps can be strapped around the bar for added grip.
- Weight Lifting Wraps help in supporting the wrist while performing different workout regimes.
- Wrist wraps are best for bench press, shoulder press, military press, etc.
- They may not support all the back exercises, but will provide you the required support and will prevent excess wrist flexion.
- Weightlifting wraps are for lighter weights. It does not provide grip but provides optimum support.
- Here you have a thumb loop, where you will have to put your thumb in and wrap the strap around your wrist.
- Weight Lifting Wraps is best to stabilize the wrist, without giving it much pressure, while doing pushing exercises.
Wrist Wrap Product Reviews
Rip Toned Wrist Wraps by 18″ Professional Grade with Thumb Loops
These Wrist Wraps by Rip Toned are perfect for high performance. They help you in stabilizing your wrist by giving them the ideal support. They are considered to be one of the best weight lifting wrists wraps for Crossfit, weightlifting, MMA, push-ups, planks, and other strength exercises. The wrap is fully adjustable and comes with wide velcro and superior stitching. The thumb loops help in maintaining the position and help you in pushing your limits without having to worry about re-adjustments. You can also machine-wash these beauties!
Hustle Athletics Wrist Wraps
The Wrist Wraps by Hustle Athletics are perfect for high-performance weightlifting. They provide optimum support to the wrists and come in twelve and eighteen inches in size. The premium thumb loop offers complete stability and comfort, both at the same time. These Wrist Wraps keep your wrists protected from any wrist injury.
Wrist Strap Product Reviews
Rip Toned Lifting Wrist Straps
Get the perfect grip and push your limits with Lifting Wrist Straps by Rip Toned. Perfect for enhancing your grip strength, these straps will help you in reaching your goal. Use them while doing bumpers plates, kettlebells, barbells, and other lifting performances and feel the strength building up. The super-soft material or these weight lifting grip straps will let you use your optimum power without any glitch!
Olympic Lifting Wrist Straps by Stoic – Genuine Leather
The innovative design of these straps may take a few seconds to put on. But, once you know how to put on these weight lifting straps; there is no stopping! All you need is to adjust the hanging part of the strap around the lifting bar and twist it to fit according to your need. Comfortable to wear and easy to take off, these straps are perfect for heavy weightlifting. With the leather adding an extra grip, these hand straps for weightlifting are highly preferred for Olympic lifts.
Give Your Wrists The Perfect Grip
Those of you who might think that wrist wraps and wrist straps have no benefiting feature, think again! Both Wrist Wraps and Wrist Straps have been proved to support the wrists while performing any exercise where lifting is involved. It maintains the stability of the wrists and protects them from any potential injury. Wearing Wrist Wraps or Straps also allows your joints in the wrists to perform well while keeping them protected. Majorly opted by weightlifters, basketball players, gym trainers, MMA; these straps and wraps will not just enhance your performance, but will also make you look like a champ. You can buy weight lifting straps and wraps online, and get started.
Product Images Sourced From Amazon.com