Best Adjustable Dumbbells Reviews
When it comes to fitness, if your goal is to gain ripped abs, increase upper body strength, and building and toning muscles, then dumbbells are a good place to start. The biggest advantage that they have over any other gym equipment is that they are easy on the pocket and deliver. Moreover, they are just a one-time investment that will last you throughout your fitness journey. Just use them correctly and the pair will be your faithful companions. Thus, spending capital on the best adjustable dumbbells means that you are starting this fitness journey on the right foot.
It is not necessary that you need to be a health and fitness fanatic to possess a pair of these handy adjustable dumbbells. Anybody who wishes to perform strength training or improve their stamina can also seek help from this equipment. With the sudden explosion of so many brands flooding the market, all offering competitive prices, it can be intimidating to make a choice. The choice lies entirely with you whether you wish to go for an adjustable dumbbell or fixed dumbbells. To make this daunting task easy, we have compiled a handy guide containing the top-rated and best adjustable dumbbells currently available. They have been ranked based on many factors like durability, customer reviews, dependability, cost-to-effect ratio, and pricing.
Top 5 Best Adjustable Dumbbells Reviews
|Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells||5|
|Nordic Track Speed Weights||4.5|
|Egymcom Chrome Adjustable Dumbbell Set||4|
|Omnie Pro Iron Adjustable Dumbbells||4.5|
|Phumon567 Cap Barbell Gold’s Gym Dumbbell Set||4|
These Bowflex adjustable dumbbells are by far the most well-known brand of gym equipment not only because of its aggressive advertisement campaigns but also because most gym freaks swear by it. The Bowflex SelectTech 552 adjustable dumbbells pair is ergonomically and aesthetically designed, despite its rugged steel construction. It offers a range of 5 lbs to 52.5 lbs with increments of 2.5 lbs. These are automatic, and you do not have to manually add or remove weights. In fact, you need to key in your preferred adjustable weight dumbbells while they rest in the stand and the system will add the necessary number of plates for the required weight. Hence, the higher price can be justified due to the convenience it offers.
- Due to the ‘dial-a-weight’ capacity, they are way more compact than having a set of dumbbells with varying weights.
- It has a strong build and promises durability.
- Gives the ease to switch from one workout to another.
- Depending on your personal preference, the 16” length could be too short or too long.
- The mechanism may get jammed causing the knobs to take an inordinate amount of time to change weights.
This Nordic Track Speed Weights can be adjusted within a range from 10 to 55 lbs. Overall, there are 30 adjustable dumbbell sets with increments of 2.5 lbs. It comes with a storage tray, leaving no clutter behind and making the equipment easy to access. They are an easier and convenient option to the otherwise cumbersome set of dumbbells.
- Adjustment of the weight using the ‘select-a-weight’ technology is quick and easy.
- It offers a good and firm grip.
- The tray offers a safe and convenient place for the storage of the dumbbells.
- The entire setup is bulky and heavy even in low weight settings.
- For those unaccustomed to adjustable dumbbells, the weight may appear slightly lop-sided.
- Although it has a sleek design, the dumbbells don’t seem to be sturdy enough.
The most prominent feature that will catch your eye first when it comes to these dumbbells is the chrome finishing. While the exteriors are all shiny, the interiors are composed of cast iron offering high durability and resistance to chipping and rusting, just like Ironmaster Adjustable Dumbbells. The weight range is 10 lbs to 40 lbs. They are suitable for an at-home gym or even at work if you fancy working out at your office.
- It is ergonomically designed for a wider grip, giving the user comfort and stability while working out.
- Compact and easy to carry around, especially with the plastic casing that it comes in.
- The chrome plating makes it look fancy, and you can even give it as a gift.
- The weight changing has to be done mechanically.
- Since there are 12 total weights, storage can be quite an issue.
- Not as compact as the other mechanical adjustable dumbbells.
The Omnie Adjustable Dumbbells have a weight ranging from 5 lbs to 22.5 lbs having increments of 2.5 lbs. It is protected from rush and degradation through natural body oils fur to the baked enamel finishing. The pair comes with a 45 lbs set. The most affordable adjustable dumbbells, which is suitable even for beginners.
- The rubber washer keeps the plates firmly sealed.
- Looks better than its counterparts and has good finishing.
- It justifies the price that it is sold for.
- The bar may seem too long for some people, especially when they have not added too much additional weight.
- Manually changing the weights is time-consuming since even the largest plate does not weigh much.
- They may roll around due to the round plates as opposed to hex shapes, which offer greater stability.
- The paint and rubber washer may carry a distinctive smell.
Phumon567 Cap Barbell Lift Gold’s Gym Body 40lbs Full Dumbbell Set Arms Adjustable Hand Weights Exercise Workout
The Cap Barbell Lift Gold’s Gym Adjustable Dumbbells uses a traditional approach in its design. The weights are filled with cement and are a fair choice for beginners as well as professional lifters. Anybody who feels nostalgic about old-school equipment should purchase this. The set contains 40 lbs of weight plates and other accessories like bars and collars.
- No frills gym equipment that does its job.
- Cheap adjustable dumbbell and has a decent quality for the price paid.
- Ideal for beginners.
- The cement is prone to cracking or spilling out of the weights.
- While curling, the plates may spin around, which can be a safety hazard.
As you have seen, the market is full of options when it comes to adjustable dumbbells. Thus, you can choose one that suits your needs, budget, and your workout requirements. If you have a budget that accommodates a ‘dial-a- weight’ adjustable dumbbell, then definitely go for Bowflex SelectTech 552. It may be a pricey purchase but it is worth the investment. But if you are just a novice, you can go for a more affordable adjustable dumbbell from the other options available in this list. Whichever you may choose, these adjustable dumbbells will surely help you achieve your fitness goal in your journey.